Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Official...they don't need me.



So London and Cade have started riding their bikes to school this week...alone. They are so excited about their new independence, and I think it is great that they love it...but just a little sad that they are so excited to be alone. I have never had clingy kids, they never have wanted me to stay on the first day of preschool or kindergarten. People say it's great, and it means they are confident...which is great...but how about a little "mom I'm going to miss you" not the "are you leaving yet" look I usually get. When I told them I would meet them at the school today because I had to drop something off there, they were like "oh mom!"... so ticked about it. At least I still have Cole... for now....

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Kecia! That is so funny they are so independent like that. But I feel really bad for you...like you said...no real "miss you mom" comments or anything. They'll realize one day : )

kidzdayz said...

Be thankful you have little Cole! I've been completely "ditched" as Carson would say... We should start a support group :-)