
So Today was a beautiful day....60 degrees, sunny, after several rainy, dreary days....and Cole and I were playing outside. He stepped on a scooter that was laying on the ground and the handle flew up and hit him in the eye. He leaned over and started crying... by the time I ran to him to pick him up his face was covered in blood. Of course, Mike left this morning to go out of town and it was half an hour until Cade and London were out of school. Luckily the bleeding stopped pretty quick, but it was about an inch long and pretty deep. Our Pediatrician doesn't do stitches, so we were off to the ER. My friend had called about 30 seconds after it happened, so she was on the phone and said she would get London and Cade. Cole did so great, I put a bandaid over it, but it was all swollen and still bleeding a little, and everyone in the ER had a little comment about his "battle scar" or his "first war wound"...The ER was packed with all kinds of characters. People were trying to talk to him and he was having no part of it...After 3 1/2 hours I had had enough. Thankfully it is not a place we visit! So they ended up numbing, irrigating, glueing, and steri stripping and we were done! When we went to get London and Cade (who were very concerned and a bit distressed, which was very sweet) they had gone to get Cole a balloon, card, treat and toy motorcycle. He felt very special. Quite an eventful afternoon...glad I don't hang out with the regulars in the ER.

6 comments:
Shoot, too bad I'm not doing my ER rotation up there. None of the kids I stitch or steri-strip are as cute as cole.
yeah, you could have been on a flight here to do it faster!
Oh my goodness! That is crazy. He looks so cute though. I hate the ER. What's up with making you wait 3 hours and you can see the nurses and drs talking up a storm at the desk? ha ha. Glad everything was okay.
Sorry you both had to go through that. Of course it happens on the day Mike goes out of town. Glad to see Cole's doing OK.
oh my gosh! poor thing. glad he is okay. the timing of it happening is classic.
Jeez, and to think we just saw Cole that morning with a wound-free face! What an adventure - I am sure not the last, huh? Bummer about the ER wait, but it can't be a REAL ER visit without waiting hours on end, can it? ;)
Post a Comment