Saturday, August 29, 2009

LA










Simon Cowell's house






London and I had a great time in LA visiting Kimber and Abe. Abe was already 2 months old and getting big fast, but we were lucky enough to see a few smiles. London loved to help out with Abe. We tried to introduce Abe to some of the sights of LA, like the Kodak Theater, the Hollywood walk of fame, Beverly Hills and tour around to see some celebrities homes with our Star Map. It was really hot in LA, and I'm not sure how much Abe enjoyed all of the tours, but London was in heaven. We also went to the American Girl Store and spent another day in Santa Monica, shopping and going to the beach. Our 2 celeb sightings included: Derek Hough from Dancing with the Stars and Lisa Ling previously from the View. It wasn't Miley or Joe Jonas, but still celebrities..... Also included in our fun trip was lots of eating, we had to hit lots of great places to eat, yummy mexican food at Pink Taco, Sprinkles cupcakes, diddy riese ice cream sandwiches, and London's favorite, Yogurtland, yes I do need to go running. London wanted to go to Yogurtland everyday, we even tried to hit it before our flight, but it wasn't open yet.
Also we were there during some amazing wildfires, we took pictures of the plumes of smoke and they were incredible, thankfully we were far enough away that the air quality was okay.
It was our first mother-daughter trip and definitely won't be our last. Thanks Kimber and Abe for be our tour guides....we had a great time.

4 comments:

kidzdayz said...

What fun! Great pictures. This is a trip London will never forget. That 1x1 time is so great!! Glad you're back!

Jill said...

what a fun trip, sounds like you packed it all in! love the celebrity sightings. :) maddie wants to know if that's the pier that was in Bedtime Stories?

The Chandler Family said...

It's the Santa Monica pier, London asked the same thing, I'm not sure but she says it's in the Hannah Montana movie too.

Jessica said...

What a cool trip!! I'm jealous you got to see some celebrities!!! I've been to LA a couple of times and never did anything fun like that! That's awesome.