
That's me #530, with the black shorts, and legs that didn't get as skinny as I would have hoped after all that training. People were sprinting in the end, I just was hoping not to trip and fall, since my legs were soo tired!



So I did it.... I ran my half marathon.....and it was so fun and I finished without having to crawl over the finish line. I went with my friend and neighbor Jen, and her friend Kristin, which was helpful since I'm a novice and they had both run Helvetia before. It is so pretty and surprisingly the hills weren't too bad. The weather was overcast and perfect. Mike and the kids were cheering me on at the finish line, even though I didn't see them....it was so loud in the stadium. My mom also came, and that was fun. I got to eat a Helvetia Burger after, (garden... much to Mike's disappointment.)
The night before Cade and London were asking me about it, and I was giving them all the details, they asked me if I was going to win...no...if I had to pay....yes....how long it was going to take....a long time....how many people would be there....etc. Cade was so funny, because I said, "I don't get why you want to pay to run in a race when you already know you're gonna lose." We talked about setting goals, etc. But later he was so cute, because he said mom you have to go to bed and get some sleep for your race. So, Mike was at the stadium like an hour before I finished, so they did get to see all the winners and they thought it was soo cool. After I finished, Cade said "can I run with you next time, I'm gonna do the 10K", and all that evening, he was running around the house with no shirt on, but he tucked it into the back of his shorts, just like he had seen some of the finishers, very funny! Anyone that wants to come do it next year is invited, it's such a pretty run, and you get to eat a burger at 10am! Oh and a beer garden, if that entices anyone that early in the morning.....

7 comments:
HOLY FLIPPIN' COW. KEcia, I think your nuts just like Becky. ha ha. Just kidding. I think that's an amazing accomplishment. Really. So there's a 10k too, huh? I'm kind of thinking it would be cool. Since you and becky and jason are runners. I'm doing the duathlon in sept. We should try and get everyone in the family to join in. Is it just a 1/2 marathon and 10k? are there other events? man. you are awesome!!
good for you! I think you look amazing for just running that far--you are still standing up!
What?! I don't know you anymore...sIt down and have some bon bons you're making me look bad.
are you saying I was a lazy fatty when you knew me??? You were the one always at the gym my dear!
I'm in, i'll do it w/you next year for sure. Its in writing now, so you can't let me back out :) Way to go, Kecia!! Its a huge accomplishment and ps: your legs are hot!
Yeah for you, Kecia!! I looked up your time on the website and you rocked it!!! Maybe I can come run it with you next year . . . I hope to run the Fresno 1/2 in November -- that's my post-pregnancy goal. I actually miss the running high. We need to encourage MYC to run, too. Congrats and welcome to the 1/2 marathon club . . . now you need a 26.2 medal.
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's awesome Kecia. I wish I could have done it with you! I'm glad you had fun too :)
Post a Comment