Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Neverending Day

So today was Veteran's Day, AKA a no school day. I was kind of excited to go do some fun stuff with the kids and some errands I needed them for, since they normally are in school for all my running around...but the day dragged on and on...

8:45- went running since I really wanted to get a workout in...it was cold and drizzly, but I just kept telling myself as I was running that it was better than listening to the kids fight and cleaning up the breakfast dishes...

10:00- shower and try to get myself and kids ready

10:45- get the fighting kids out of the house before Mike gets back from the gym to work

10:50- stop at 7-11 for a Big Gulp and bribery candy for the kids

11:15- first errand, Dance Togs, to buy
foot undeez for London, a cute, little, (but not cheap of course) strap like underwear that they wear on their feet instead of jazz shoes, quickly get out of there, because the lady that owns the store scares me...

11:30- need some food already...London and I want Chipotle, Cade and Cole say gross...how convenient that Taco Bell is next door...

12:00- to Powell's Books, by way of the lovely Scamps pet store (no London we can't get a fish, but I'll buy you a book)

12:45- kids want to climb on the play land (for like 3 and under) in ghetto Beaverton Mall (AKA: Cedar Hills Crossing or Bernard's Mall for the old timers) Cade is flipping around, Cole gets hurt and cries, so I'm nice mom who gives him a hug and love, until I say it is time to go and he starts screaming about leaving and wanting to go out a different exit than where our car is parked...I exit Bernards with him screaming about wanting to go Bowling (part of our original plan, which got 86'd after meltdown #2) at now I'm not a very nice mom.

1:00- stop quickly (it's never a good day when I have to stop there) at Winco to get seltzer water for Mike (he's kicked the caffeinated pop habit)

1:15- stop at Sports Authority...to look around for a minute for ski stuff for Cade, and then I realize that Cole is covered in the bribery sucker and we head to the bathroom... I catch Cade looking at London and saying, "nothing we did today was fun" (still mad about not bowling) and I look at him and ask him if it looks like I am having fun.....

2:00-Home...Mike lays Cole down for "quiet time" then leaves to run an errand, and I suggest that Cade would love some dad time. I sit at the computer for a minute, until London decides that making chocolate chip muffins would be a good idea...okay this will be fun...some time with just London and I...

2:30- I hear a little ruckus upstairs and see that Cole has destroyed Cade's room, taking down trophies (decapitating two booble heads) and poured out legos and books, and now I really am not nice mom....

3:30- finish making muffins while Cole sits on couch watching a movie where I can see him...and I look at London and say, I can't believe that it is only 3:30, you would just barely be coming home from school...

4:30-Help Cade with homework that required making a poster with a baby picture on it...been putting that off since I didn't want to dig for a picture...

5:30- dinner...leftovers, come on now, I made dinner 2 nights in a row...

6:00- to SAC to go swimming, I mostly just sat in the hot tub, where at one point I walked over and saw that a woman (who I thought was the grandmother) was breastfeeding her baby... Mike comes in and doesn't realize what is going on and sits right across from her, when he does get the gist, he moves down a few jets....I'm all for breastfeeding, but in the hot tub, with it all hanging out...that was a bit much....

7:30- Home and Cole is straight to bed...aaaahhh...relief, big hugs and kisses, with hope I can be more patient tomorrow (and prayers that he will be better...) Mike helps London with reading....

8:30- everyone is in bed, and I make a cup of tea....blogging it all down, very therapeutic...Mike suggests that I try giving up Diet Coke, he really is loving the seltzer water...I just don't think I'm quite ready....and now my day can begin....but I'm tired....just for the record, I love my sweet kids, especially that cute Cole, he is darling when his eyelids close!


5 comments:

Jessica said...

ha ha ha. I'm SO sorry kecia! Thanks for the laugh but I feel so bad that this day was crazy for you. Hopefully you can have a restful day tomorow. And don't you just love it when Mike gets on a kick about something (like giving up pop) that he wants everyone else to do it too? Hope the muffins were good!

Rebecca said...

Seltzer water is nasty! Your day was similar to my day. Except my boys built forts in two different rooms and i spent 1 1/2 hours at McDonalds. poor olivia didn't like Mcdonald's but the boys did. Then Davis threw a fit and wanted ice cream and cookie. We were driving in the car, I u-turned into the drive through, got the ice cream and cookie, and then next thing I know, Davis has smooshed his cookie on top of the cone and vanilla ice cream is everywhere. I think we should get Cole and Davis together to see what kind of mischief they can think of.

Thompson Family said...

Wow, Kecia...Sounds like a fun day...NOT! I have had a few of those myself! I had to work today and my mom watched all 3 kids for me. Nice. I am adding you to my blog list, just FYI. I have a Nikon D50 with several different lens and a new add-on flash. Take care

Mari

mruchti said...

i think you could consider homeschooling your kids!

Jill said...

i agree, yesterday seemed endless. might have had something to do with the fact that it as DARK at noon.

by the way, i can't imagine running into winco for seltzer with 3 kids. you get big points for that one in my book.