
So...my kids really were begging for a pet. A fish, a lizard, a turtle, a hermit crab, anything. So we decided on hermit crabs. On our no school Monday we headed to Petsmart and London and Cade each picked out a crab and all the supplies (or so we thought). Sunset and Herbie. They had a great day playing with them...except when Cade left Herbie on London's desk instead of the putting him in the cage, and about an hour later we realized he was missing. Luckily we found him in London's garbage can. So the next morning, London is in tears, saying that Sunset is dead. Great. I made Mike put him in a container and afterschool we headed back to Petsmart. After being reprimanded by Jeremy (age 19) for not dechlorinating the water, (which no one bothered to include in the list of supplies we needed), we told the kids...we are sorry we just aren't pet people. After more tears and begging for a hamster or a guinea pig, I decided to bribe them with a Webkins. It actually took a little convincing, I think they still feel a little jipped, but today we got our new Webkins and they are soo cute and they don't smell or die. Hopefully, that will hold us out a little longer.
4 comments:
oh, just get a dog! really, i think it would be simpler than a hermit crab. : )
I saw the new "pets" today and they are adorable. Where were Webkins when Kris wanted a dog? Mom
We are so not pet people either! We have killed several hermit crabs, and one fish (okay, so I flushed him down the toilet, but how many people/things is one person supposed to take care of?). We need to have Ashley and London get on webkins together, they can play with their virtual pets, and each other, all they want and there is no mess for us to clean up:)
I am putting you on my friends link, okay???
London, Your Hair looks realy good.
Post a Comment