visit from Smokey
smores...

Cold water at the swimming hole



the view from my chair (note my toes that need a pedi after this weekend), where I sat reading and drinking my diet coke, watching the kids playing in the creek (FYI: not nearly enough time spent doing this....)

nothing better to a boy (of any age) than playing in a fire with a stick and soo safe!
We spent the weekend camping at a place called Indian Henry (thanks for the tip Shannon.) It was a beautiful place on the Clackamas River. Lots of time spent playing in the creek that ran behind our site. Total entertainment for the kids. There was also a great little swimming area, with super cold, but clean water, just a short hike away. Even I got in....I guess I was desperate after a day with no shower! Lots of fun cooking over a fire and eating lots of yummy treats. The only casualties were an air mattress and the huge bee sting I got on my leg! Super fun, can't wait until next year, or maybe I can.....
3 comments:
Wow Kecia "can't wait till next year??" :) I'm glad it was fun. You guys did a much better job than us. Where the heck is the swimming hole? It rained last year when we went so we probably weren't as into the water. I'm very glad you guys had fun!!
SO COOL! I love it! Was the water freezing? I want to go camping now!
Wow, looks like fun. I can't wait to take our kids camping maybe next summer when Heath is slightly older!
Post a Comment