Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Boxes





you can't really see, but she (the pig) has cute purple polka dots ( I think I made one similar in like 5th grade)

had to get a little creative for the male teacher...

Just as I suspected, we finished the paper mache Valentine box project, the night before the kids Valentine parties. Actually London found out that her class wasn't supposed to make a box (didn't they know she had been planning since October?) but eventhough she was disappointed about that, she decided to still finish it so she could have her own mailbox in her room....fantastic. They turned out very cute, and yes it was a long project, lots of drying stages, but finally they are done. The kids also made some cute personalized sanitizers for their teachers. (Thanks for the link on that Jess!) We just can't get enough crafts around here...it seems like I'm still cleaning up one and the kids are asking to start another.

On another side note, Cade doesn't like to stand out from the others in his class. Today he asked if everyone else was bringing Valentine's, because he didn't want to be the only one. The other day I asked if he wanted to bring some cookies in to his teacher, since London was, and he said "No, mom, no one else does that except me." I tried to explain that his teacher would like it and it is good to be nice and different, etc....whatever. So tonight, I gave him a forewarning that I didn't think anyone else in his class would be bringing in a huge alligator Valentine box.....

4 comments:

kidzdayz said...

Wow Kecia! Hands down you win the best mom prize!!! I want to steal your sanitizer idea too. And that's strange that London's not supposed to bring a box, Lucy's class did - aren't they always in lock step??

Jill said...

oh my gosh, LOVE the alligator and the pig. So cute. i know how big of a project that is...they really turned out great! cade sounds like my girls, they never want to stand out. peyton won't even let me come have lunch with her at school.

i want to make a valentine box myself!

Thompson Family said...

Wow! Impressive! Those are adorable. My kids made bags or envelopes at school, nothing too special. Halle did handmake all of her valentine's this year though, and it took quite a bit longer than usual!

Jessica said...

Ha ha ha. I LOVE those boxes! They are incredible!!! I couldn't believe the alligator. So amazing. YOu really are crafty! That's so funny you did that sanitizer valentine for the teachers...I did the same thing for Charlotte's teachers today. I couldn't find cheap hand sanitizer but I found pink hand soap for 97c. I thought that was just as good. I wonder how Cade feels about being the only alligator box too!