We had a great weekend camping up at Mt. Hood, unfortunately my camera died, so I have no pictures to share (which may be a good thing since there were no showers!) It was a beautiful setting next to a creek in the woods. The campsites had all these fallen logs that the kids could walk on, and several that crossed the creek. I know it sounds a little dangerous, but after the first few times seeing them cross them, I was okay. We took a little hike and rode bikes and cooked all our food over the fire. Cade learned how to start the fire, which he became a little obsessed with...great. It was a fun family time playing cards and telling stories, I was a little antsy to do something more but I guess the purpose is to hang out and relax in nature, right? It definitely was beautiful. Oh and the camp hosts were this cute couple from Arizona, Bob and Barb. Cole loved to see them and became obsessed with seeing Bob and Barbie as he called her. I wanna see Bob, over and over. When we were leaving Bob gave the kids a mint just like Papa does.
Heading out of our campsite we stopped at the Zig Zag ranger station to see Smokey the Bear who we heard was there. Cole was crying I want an eraser (London apparently told Cole that Smokey gives you an eraser) so we waited for Smokey, the kids learned some fire safety and hiking in the woods tips from a cute volunteer park ranger named Grace and when Smokey arrived, Cole wouldn't go near him. Typical right, thank goodness he gave them all a little bag with Smokey goodies, including thankfully an eraser.
So it was a fun weekend, but heading home Cole spiked a fever and threw up in the car, with London to follow the next day. As if we weren't filthy enough, we had to drive home with the smell of puke. Home to lots of laundry and two sick kids, lovely.....and any suggestions on a your favorite camera would be great, I'm in the market for a new one.
4 comments:
did your camera die or is it still a color blob thing! wow you wrote a lot did Cole also call barb, barn! it was really fun!
Mmmm, the smell of sick in the car and you can't get away from it. I know where you're coming from! And it makes me laugh. he he. But i'm sorry the kids are sick. It sounds like you've had a great time though. Have no idea what kind of camera to get. The ones at Sam's Club and Costco seem to be good deals. That's it from my perspective though. I don't know much! I hope the kids are feeling better and you are doing great. We sure are! We got home a few hours ago and love having Jack at home. I love being around Charlotte too. I sure missed her. Seems like she doesn't miss me though. Little tart.
Sounds like a lot of fun. You can't beat the mess of camping - especially when you add vomit to the mix... sorry about that on.
As for cameras if you're still looking I have a great recommendation - one I hope to get soon. Let me know if you're still looking.
Mike's very proud of 'cooking over flame'
just say 'no' to propane! lol
and rumer has it that your calzone is out of this world yummy!
Post a Comment